Celebrate Arvada’s 13th Annual Arvada Trails Day – A Free Family Event
Saturday, June 7, 2014 ; 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Majestic View Nature Center – 7030 Garrison Street
Two Ponds National Wildlife Refuge – West 80th Avenue (just east of Kipling Street)
Celebrate an outdoor adventure day. Get outdoors and move your feet, pedal your bike or just enjoy a day of celebrating outdoor adventure, nature exhibits, live animal presentations, eco-friendly activities, resource conservation exhibits and information about Arvada’s bike-friendly streets and trails. This event celebrates National Trails Day.
Participate in many of the fun activities at this festival produced by the City of Arvada Festivals Commission, Majestic View Nature Center, Two Ponds National Wildlife Refuge and the Arvada Park Advisory Committee. Celebrate Arvada’s 125 miles of hiking, biking, and horseback riding trails which are among the best in the region.
Celebrating outdoor adventure, families and individuals of all ages can enjoy:
- 5K trail walks along historic canal trails connecting Two Ponds and Majestic View
9am walks leave from both locations
- Free recreational bike rides: Leave from Majestic View Community Park 72nd Ave. just west of Carr St. (Helmets required for both rides)8:45 a.m.—20 mile recreational bike ride on streets9:15 a.m.—6 mile family friendly bike ride on trails and streets
At Majestic View Nature Center (7030 Garrison Street):
- Live animal presentations – HawkQuest at 11:00 and 1:00 and The Downtown Aquarium at 12:00
- Nature and outdoor exhibits, and trails information
- Kids’ environmental education and craft activities
- An eco-fair with exhibits and demonstrations
- Entertaining music for the festive mood
At Two Ponds National Wildlife Refuge (80 th Avenue just east of Kipling):
- Live animal exhibits
- Environmental education displays and activities
- Kids’ activities
- Self-guided nature walks on the Refuge trail system
Enjoy the activities at both sites and take the free shuttle service between Majestic View Center and Two Ponds. Parking is available at Majestic View Nature Center and the Medical Center parking lot on the southeast corner of 80th and Kipling. For more information call 720-898-7405.