Professional Hardwood Floor Refinishing
Arvada West Decorating and Flooring is Arvada’s choice sanding and refinishishing hardwood floors. Our hardwood teams are the best in the area (ask about our limited lifetime labor warranty). Some of you however may want to embark on the project yourself. Here are some tips to get you going.
1. Sand the floor down to bare wood using a floor sanding machine and edge sander, both of which can be rented; be sure to vacuum between sandings.
2. Wipe sanding dust from the floor using a cotton cloth dampened with mineral spirits.
3. Use a 4-inch paintbrush to apply a base coat of sealer around the perimeter of the room.
4. Next, use a synthetic floor-finish applicator to spread the basecoat sealer across the middle of the floor; allow the sealer to dry two hours.
5. Use a clean paintbrush and floor-finish applicator to apply a topcoat of water-based polyurethane to the floor.
6. Allow the polyurethane to dry at least two hours, then apply a second coat.
7. After the second topcoat has dried, apply a third and final coat of poly.
Hopefully these tutorials were enough to scare you out of the job! 🙂 Give us a call and we’ll head over for a free measurement and consultation. Happy New Year!